IMPORTANT: After testing Second Mind with dozens of entrepreneurs I created an improved version (& it costs less).
It's called EntrepreneurMind—you can get it HERE.
EntrepreneurMind contains everything Second Mind does but I improved it by:
- Making the layout and usability more intuitive (especially on mobile)
- Simplifying existing databases and adding 1 new one (Meetings)
- Adding buttons for quick and seamless capturing
- Adding an interactive & video-rich training: a 3-step framework for effective work management
In short, EntrepreneurMind is a more intuitive and powerful version of Second Mind—and it costs less.
Organize Your Work & Life And Make Progress on Your Goals
- Capture everything
- Organize your resources
- Execute effectively
Introducing Second Mind—the ultimate knowledge management system optimized for focus and action, designed for digital workers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. This comprehensive Notion template offers an intuitive and efficient system to capture, organize, process, and execute on all of your valuable resources.
Philosophy behind Second Mind
I believe that knowledge is power, and the ability to organize and use that knowledge is the key to success. That's why I've created a system based on Tiago Forte's PARA model, which focuses on capturing everything, organizing your resources, processing your information for greater usability, and making progress on your goals.
Further, I believe that knowledge is futile if it's not used. That's why this system is optimized for focus and action with GTD-style task management, goals, projects, resources, as well as deep work, habit, and workout tracking all "hidden" behind toggles to help you avoid distractions and stay on track with your work.
Why I created Second Mind
I am a product manager (5 yrs. of experience) turned solopreneur & consultant.
As a product manager, I was drowning in a sea of information, scattered notes, and lost tasks. I felt overwhelmed and disorganized.
As a solopreneur, I needed a way to capture, organize, and process everything I knew and learned about and transform it into unique content, products, and services.
With Second Mind, I was able to take control of my tasks, knowledge, and resources and turn them into actionable insights and assets.
Because I had ONE place for EVERYTHING, I could reduce my work time & stress, while increasing the results I was delivering—shipped products, completed projects, written articles, etc.
Who is this system for
Second Mind is a template for digital workers, creatives, entrepreneurs, and anyone who needs to manage large volumes of information and turn them into actionable insights and results.
It's particularly beneficial for professionals who manage multiple projects and need to keep track of their progress, as well as students, academics, and researchers. Whether you're planning a trip or learning a new skill, Second Mind can help you slay information overload and achieve your goals.
Benefits & Features
#1 Capture what matters, instantly
“Attention is the most scarce and precious resource. The ability to direct it to what matters is your competitive advantage a distracted world.” — Tiago Forte
Second Mind is a trusted place for your resources.
- Inbox: your notes, links, and tasks integrated with Notion Quick Capture and shortcuts to make capturing as seamless as possible. Capture and get on with your day.
#2 Organize your resources for future use and never forget anything
The information you gather is only useful if you can find it in the future.
Second Mind helps you organize your resources:
- PARA: Tiago Forte's knowledge management system (Projects, Areas, Resources, Archives) tweaked for actionability.
- Pulled resources: In each Project, you can add relevant resources from different Areas or Topics to help you execute.
#3 Process your resources for greater usability
Your resources are useless when they’re idly lying in your second brain.
Second Mind offers tools to help you process your resources for more clarity, focus, and creativity:
- Quick daily review: A 5-minute process to keep your second mind tidy, find connections, and keep you up to date with your daily work.
- Weekly review: A weekly ritual to review your resources and project results, plan your week, and find new connections and ideas.
- Progressive summarization: Tiago Forte’s distilling method for making your resources more concrete and actionable for future use.
#4 Make progress on your goals and projects
Our resources are things to use, not just things to collect. — Tiago Forte
The whole second brain is designed to facilitate action and help you stay focused:
- Layout: All databases are "hidden" behind toggles so you can focus on those that matter most at the moment.
- GTD-style tasks: All of your tasks neatly organized; easy drag-and-drop to reschedule them.
Daily page: A space to track your most important actions and do your work without distractions.
- Deep work tracking: See how much focused work you do in a day, week, month, and across different projects.
- Workout tracking: Track your exercises and see how your workout volume (# of reps) changes across days, weeks, and months.
- Habit tracking: Your habits and habits success rate summarized by day, week, and month
- Sleep tracking: Track how much you sleep and how it changes throughout the week and month.
- Journaling: Start the day strong with a 5-minute journal.
Start using it as soon as you download it
Say goodbye to hours-long tutorials and courses.
Second Mind offers a seamless way to start using it as soon as you download it.
- 1-minute guides: Under each page, you’ll find a short instruction on using it most effectively.
- 15 min onboarding: A quick onboarding designed to help you get the most out of the second mind template.
- (Bonus) Free onboarding call: Hop on a 20 min call with me to answer all of your questions and help you tailor the template to your needs.
More than just a template
What makes Second Mind different from other templates is that it comes with a proven framework that helps you transform your resources into results in your personal and professional life.
Here is a short walkthrough:
Still not convinced? Here are two use cases based on the feedback I've received from Second Mind users:
- Tom is a busy entrepreneur who is constantly juggling multiple tasks and ideas. He struggles to keep track of all his notes and ideas, which are scattered across different platforms. After discovering Second Mind, he decides to give it a try. With the help of the COPE, PARA, and pulled resources, Tom is able to easily gather and organize information related to his startup. He estimates that he saves at least 60 minutes per day, which allows him to focus on more important tasks like networking and product development.
- Alex, a product manager, is responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and is finding it hard to keep track of all his tasks, notes, and project documents. He starts using Second Mind, and with the PARA system, he is able to organize his notes into different projects, areas, resources and archives. With the daily review and weekly review features, he is able to easily manage his tasks, and track his progress. Alex estimates that using Second Mind helps him save at least 2 hours a week, and improves his productivity by 25%.
See what others think:See Reddit Post
A zero-risk purchase:
- Does it work? -> Only 5-Star Reviews and more than 100 upvotes on Reddit.
- I don't know how to use Notion -> 15-minute onboarding guide + 30 min call where I'll personally answer ALL of your questions and needs.
- What if I don't like it? -> 100% money-back guarantee.
Q: What is Second Mind?
A: Second Mind is a comprehensive Notion template designed to help you manage your knowledge, resources, and goals more effectively. It offers a range of features, including the PARA system, pulled resources, quick daily review, weekly review, and deep work tracking, to help you stay organized, focused, and productive.
Q: How do I use Second Mind?
A: Second Mind is built in Notion so you can easily duplicate into your workspace. It comes with a 15-minute onboarding guide and a personalized 20-minute call to help you get started. Once you've familiarized yourself with the template, you can start using it to capture, organize, process, and execute on your resources.
Q: How is Second Mind different from other Notion templates?
Second Mind sets itself apart from other templates by combining the most useful aspects of the best Second Brain templates available. It's optimized for focus and action, with deep work, habit, and workout tracking, as well as the PARA system, pulled resources, and GTD-style tasks, all "hidden" behind toggles to help you avoid distractions and stay on track with your work.
Ready to slay information overload and boost your productivity?Get Second Mind
You'll get the Notion Template & FREE 20-min Onboarding Call